E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Strategy Development -5 Key Problems
Marketing looks very different now than it did as few as five years ago. And yet most still approach developing strategies from the viewpoints they always knew. They develop for push, when in reality pull strategies are more effective and even scalable.
Approaches designed to take advantage of a connected society have allowed some brands and personalities to achieve strong growth. However there exists a deeper problem: literally every marketing and communications company/consultant claims to be able to produce digital marketing results. And very few actually succeed. Why? Companies fail because they aren’t patient enough to put in the effort to see results – let alone increasing returns.
· Strategists/consultants fail because they misunderstand their audience, continue to vest efforts in the wrong areas and get things wrong from a lack of experience. Pull activates others organically, which of course cedes control. People on all sides continue to fear and misunderstand this.
· Long approval processes created by corporations unable to adapt to changing times live on. Companies are in many cases their own largest barrier to success. Ideas that don’t pass the “so what” test continue to be pushed forward by both executives and consultants who think in patterns no longer applicable.
OK – those are pretty general. What are some of the specific problems I see most?
1. Lack of understanding what image they are trying to project
You need to understand this from the start and have a style behind the image, along with substance to back it up. It also needs to resonate with key audiences. Most are not consciously sculpting how they are perceived or creating any reason they should get noticed in the first place.
2. No path to acquire and grow an audience with Lead Generation Strategy
It’s not enough to figure out ways to gain attention from random people for fleeting moments. You need to find a way to market to target groups consistently over time. And the tactics used should be compelling enough not just to attract an audience, but inspire the audience to grow itself.
3. No cohesion of content & Understanding of Web Analytic for Business for Business
Lack of consistent voice/personality behind content will never allow you to build cohesion and have your ideas/perspective reach critical mass. You need this in order to condition others to share your ideas.
4. Placating executives by executing their bad ideas without clear understanding of Web Scan on users trends
If this is happening to you – stop, now. No one wins when you’re creating things merely because someone up top is forcing down a one off idea here-and-there they feel might work (especially if they have limited experience with digital marketing). If it doesn’t play into the strategy, it doesn’t matter who it comes from. If you see this happening put a stop to it. No one wins when resources are drawn away from a winning path to placate bad ideas of the king. If the emperor has no clothes, say it – if you’re that valued you’ll be respected for it.
5. Having to dumb things things down for the team
If you have to consistently do this, you need a new team. There are far too many others fluent enough in modern marketing strategies, it’s unnecessary to waste time doing this. If you have to dial down ideas for internal comprehension, it means your competition is already running circles around you.
To learn more about E-Commerce and Digital Marketing Strategy Development for SME that really works for your business, Contact TradeMax Team today.